Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Easter Sunday 2020

Jeremiah 31:1-6
1At that time, says the LORD, I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.
2   Thus says the LORD:
     The people who survived the sword
          found grace in the wilderness;
     when Israel sought for rest,
3        the LORD appeared to him from far away.
     I have loved you with an everlasting love;
          therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
4   Again I will build you, and you shall be built,
          O virgin Israel!
     Again you shall take your tambourines,
          and go forth in the dance of the merrymakers.
5   Again you shall plant vineyards
          on the mountains of Samaria;
     the planters shall plant,
          and shall enjoy the fruit.
6   For there shall be a day when sentinels will call
          in the hill country of Ephraim:
     “Come, let us go up to Zion,
          to the LORD our God.”
FOR CONSIDERATION
- Why would this passage be placed in the Easter Lectionary?
- Why would the Chapel Class facilitator choose this passage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment