Thursday, January 31, 2019

Discussion for 3 February 2019

Jeremiah 1:4-10
4Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations."
6Then I said, "Ah, Lord GOD! Truly I do not know how to speak, for I am only a boy." 7But the LORD said to me,
"Do not say, 'I am only a boy';
for you shall go to all to whom I send you,
and you shall speak whatever I command you,

8Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,
says the LORD."
9Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth; and the LORD said to me,
"Now I have put my words in your mouth.
10See, today I appoint you over nations and over kingdoms,
to pluck up and to pull down,
to destroy and to overthrow,

to build and to plant."


FOR CONSIDERATION

  • What would you think if a candidate being considered for a new pastor's position responded the way Jeremiah did to YHWH?

No comments:

Post a Comment