Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Discussion 10 November 2013


Job 19:23-27

“O that my words were written down! O that they were inscribed in a book! O that with an iron pen and with lead they were engraved on a rock forever! For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God,whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!

This Sunday, November 10, we welcome Dr. Brennan Breed, Assistant Professor of Old Testament at Columbia Theological Seminary. Dr. Breed is a graduate of the University of Virginia, Princeton Seminary and Emory University. Dr. Breed's research focuses on the reception history of the Bible, which traces the divergent uses and understandings of biblical texts from their ancient contexts of production to the present day. His other interests include Hebrew poetry, biblical theology, textual criticism, ancient and medieval visual art, and philosophy.

All adult Sunday school classes are encouraged to meet in the Fellowship Hall during the Sunday school hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment