Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Discussion for May 26, 2013

1 Corinthians 9:23-27

23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings. 24 Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. 25 Athletes exercise self-control in all
things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. 26 So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; 27 but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.

For Consideration:
-What does this passage say about self discipline?
-What is divine discipline?
-What are the enemies for which self discipline prepares us?
-What are some self discipline practices?

1 comment:

  1. 1) To me is says that one must set a goal and a path to reach that goal. That path must contain actions and sacrifice to reach that goal.

    2) To me Divine discipline, means the same thing but in a different form. One needs to be of the right mind, heart and soul-set in order to reach the ultimate prize.

    3) Any and all distractions that takes us away from God's Word and Works. Which nowadays is nearly everything, TV, internet, sports, etc.

    4) To me that would be reading the Bible, praying, doing the right thing when no one is looking are just a couple things.

    ReplyDelete