Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Discussion 22 January 2011


PSALM PSALM 62:5-12
5   For God alone my soul waits in silence, 
          for my hope is from him. 
6   He alone is my rock and my salvation, 
          my fortress; I shall not be shaken. 
7   On God rests my deliverance and my honor; 
          my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8   Trust in him at all times, O people; 
          pour out your heart before him; 
          God is a refuge for us. 
9   Those of low estate are but a breath, 
          those of high estate are a delusion; 
     in the balances they go up; 
          they are together lighter than a breath. 
10  Put no confidence in extortion, 
          and set no vain hopes on robbery; 
          if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
11  Once God has spoken; 
          twice have I heard this: 
     that power belongs to God, 
12       and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord. 
     For you repay to all 
          according to their work.

For Consideration
What is going on in verse 12? Where's the grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment